July 5, 2009
Mr. Mason is 3 months old today! He has actually rolled over 3 times now! None of my other babies did that this soon. He is so strong. When he is awake he is really ready to go but when he's tired he snuggles right up to ya. Love that. :) He already has some nicknames that he is lovingly called - Mr. Mason, Macer Baby, Mater and Mister Mister.
July 4, 2009
I love the 4th of July - being with family and friends, bbq's, and fireworks! We have started taking the kids to Liberty Field every 4th of July and talk about what it means to be patriotic and why we celebrate the 4th of the July. (They leave the flags up for a week after the 4th and that is usually when we take them.) If you haven't been to Liberty Field it is neat to see, all of those flags lined up and a spot dedicated to soldiers. When we pulled up and saw the flags blowing in the wind it reminded me of the lives that have been lost. They have given their lives so that I may raise my family in peace... we can make our own decisions, and have the freedom to live our lives as we wish. I am thankful for the rights that I have been given and that I can live in such a beautiful place. Thank you for defending and protecting me, my family and our country.
We spent the 4th with some friends for lunch (thanks for all of the yummy food :) ) and the boys played on the slip n'slide all afternoon and then we met up with some of my family to bbq and watch the fireworks - they were spectacular as always!
Bryson wanted to pose in almost every picture.
The boys had their cousin Jordyn with them.
Notice Logan didn't do the pose that Bryson suggested everyone do - instead he's checking out the outlet cover on the back of the pole... hmmmm, how do I get this thing open?
We lit off a few fireworks with the boys and some sparklers! I can remember writing my name with a sparkler and dancing around with it when I was a kid. Yes, I know, traditionally you do fireworks at night when it is dark but the boys have gotten to bed late the last couple of nights and so we lit them off when it was still light - it was about 8:45 p.m. - almost made it to dark. Oh well - they liked it anyways.
It must be a boy thing... almost everything turns into a sword or a gun and they pretend to fight.
Bryson pretending it is a birthday candle, making a wish and trying to blow it out!














1 comment:
Fun! Have you done the Liberty Walk before? Its super fun, we did it last year. We should get our kids together and do it next year :)
Post a Comment